200 years ago this month James Harbison and his wife Nancy Glazebrook Harbison prepared to plant crops on the farm they had received title to in July of 1813. The farm lay in the rolling upland between Brock Creek named after George Brock and Highland Creek named after a Delaware Indian. They also wondered where the neighbors on their east line, Benjamin and Katherine Brewer, would relocate now that they had sold their farm for the development of Salem. The Harbisons had both been born in Virginia and were married in Lincoln Co, Ky. where the Charles DePauw family had lived before emigrating to the Indiana Territory. Harbison noticed that Royse's Fork would occasionally flood impeding access to Salem from the state capitol and markets near the Falls of the Ohio. He decided to suggest to John DePauw that a bridge should be built at the south end of Main Street whenever it was cleared and graded.